The 741SE is an easy-to-build surface-mount soldering kit. It includes the circuit board, resistors, and transistors that make up the electrical circuit as well as printed assembly instructions. The kit also comes complete with the 'IC Leg' stand, and 8 color coded thumbscrew terminal posts.
To build the 741SE, basic electronic soldering skill and tools are required, but no additional knowledge of electronics is presumed or required. You provide standard surface-mount soldering tools: a soldering iron, solder (wire or paste), small metal tweezers, as well as a Phillips head screwdriver.
The kit features relatively large surface mount components (1206 and SOT-23), and is a great first surface-mount soldering kit if you're just getting started. However, if you are experienced at surface mount soldering and have tools like a hot air rework station or other equipment, you're welcome to use them for assembling this kit.
- Anodized aluminium stand
- 8x 4-40 surface-mount threaded inserts
- Stainless steel thumbscrews with colour-coded plastic caps (1 red, 1 black, 6 grey)
- All materials (including the circuit board and stand) are RoHS compliant (lead-free)
- Dimensions: 6.5 cm × 5.2 cm x 1.6 mm
- Dimensions assembled: 6.5 cm × 7.8 cm × 2.0 cm