SPIDriver shows you what’s happening on the SPI bus in real time, so no more guessing about the bus state. Its purpose is to make understanding the functioning of SPI hardware more intuitive. It's useful if you're into debugging hardware or simply introduce a class to SPI for the first time.
You can directly control LEDs and LCD displays just by having SPIDriver and you won't have to deal with microcontrollers. It's also a useful tool for examining, backing up and cloning an SPI flash as well as reading and writing SPI flash in circuit.
SPIDriver is also applicable if you want to drive, test and evaluate different displays.
With the help of current and voltage monitoring you'll be able to detect electrical problems at early stages. Thanks to the included color coded wires you can hook SPIDriver up without much effort; no pinout diagram required. It includes 3.3 V and 5 V supplies for your device, plus a high-side current meter.
SPIDriver comes with software to control it from:
- a GUI
- the command-line
- C and C++ using a single source file
- Python 2 and 3, using a module
- Live display shows you exactly what it’s doing all the time
- Sustained SPI transfers at 500 Kbps
- USB line voltage monitor to detect supply problems, to 0.01 V
- Target device high-side current measurement, to 5 mA
- Two auxiliary output signals, A and B
- Two dedicated power outlines: of 3.3 V and 5 V
- All signals color coded to match jumper colors
- All signals are 3.3 V, and are 5 V tolerant
- Uses an FTDI USB serial adapter, and Silicon Labs automotive-grade EFM8 controller
- Also reports uptime, temperature, and running CRC of all traffic
- All sensors and signals controlled using a simple serial protocol
- GUI, command-line, C/C++, and Python 2/3 host software provided for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Maximum power out current: up to 470 mA
- Signal current: up to 10 mA
- Device current: up to 25 mA
- Dimensions: 61 mm x 49 mm x 6 mm
- Interface: USB 2.0, micro USB connector
Contents (SPIDriver Core)
- 1x SPIDriver
- 1x Set of hookup jumpers