Inkplate 6COLOR continues the tradition of the well-known, user-friendly Inkplate series which is compatible with Arduino and Micropython. Inkplate 6COLOR offers a unique innovation – the ability to display colors on the screen.
Inkplate 6COLOR has a 5.85" folded e-paper that displays a total of 7 different colors (Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, and Orange). Considering the built-in dithering capability, the results you can get on the screen are really impressive.
Powered by ESP32, you will have strong microcontroller with WiFi and Bluetooth on your disposal. It’s super-low-power (18 uA) so you can use it for days, weeks, or months out of a single battery charge. Using our Arduino library (100% compatible with Adafruit GFX), it’s 5 minute work to get the board running for you. The Micropython module is available as well. It’s 100% open-source for both software and hardware.
What is especially interesting is that Inkplate uses recycled screens taken from old e-book readers, which is very environmentally friendly, but you have to keep in mind that some screens may have small scratches because of this. All screens with large scratches and damages are not used at all.
- 5.85-inch, 600x448 pixel electronic paper with the ability to display 7 different colors
- Powered by an ESP32 microcontroller with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE)
- Consumes extremely small amount of power, whether powered by a lithium battery or USB, in deep sleep mode it consumes only 18 µA, so it will run on one battery for years, and there is also a battery charger located on the board!
- MicroSD card reader from which Inkplate 6COLOR can extract images to display on its display
- Additional GPIO lines available, easyC/Qwiic compatibility and I²C and SPI support
- Arduino library ready (100% compatible with Adafruit GFX) and micropython that enable display of text, images and geometric shapes
- Dimensions: 131.5 x 105.5 x 10 mm