Note: NodeMCU is the name of both a firmware and a board
NodeMCU is an open source IoT platform, whose firmware runs on Espressif's SoC Wi-Fi ESP8266, based on the ESP8266 nonOS SDK. Its hardware is based on the ESP-12 module. The scripting language is Lua which allows to use many open source projects like lua-cjson and spiffs.
- Wi-Fi Module – ESP-12E module similar to ESP-12 module but with 6 extra GPIOs.
- USB – micro USB port for power, programming and debugging
- Headers – 2x 2.54 mm 15-pin header with access to GPIOs, SPI, UART, ADC, and power pins
- Reset & Flash buttons
- Power: 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions: 49 x 24.5 x 13 mm