MonoDAQ-U-X is powered from the USB-C port on the backplane, therefore a single USB-C cable is needed for communication and power supply. Power and communication signals are isolated directly after the USB connector, which makes the microcontroller and the front end of the device fully galvanically isolated. Front-end connector features 8 multifunctional pins that can be configured as analog inputs or outputs or as digital inputs or outputs. Front-end is configured with the help of a channel setup table in DEWESoft software.
At the core of the measurement chain is a sigma-delta ADC with a maximum sample rate of 50 kS/s (16 bit) and a maximum resolution of 20 bit (100 S/s). If only one input channel is used, the signal is alias-free with a bandwidth of 0.4*fs (sampling frequency). If multiple analog input channels are used, the signals are multiplexed in front of the ADC. It is possible to select up to 8 single-ended voltage inputs and up to 4 differential voltage inputs. Half of the channels can have a high input range of 10 V while the other half is limited to 2 V since there is no voltage divider on those channels.
- Power and signal isolation between USB and front-end
- Max. sample rate: 50 kS/s (16 bit), max. resolution: 20 bit (100 S/s)
- Can connect up to 2 full bridge strain gauges or up to 4 thermocouples
- Max. 4 differential or 8 single-ended voltage inputs
- Current input with internal shunt (0.5 Ω)
- Analog output (+/- 4 V, 14 bit, 50 kS/s)
- Max. 8 digital inputs or outputs
- 1 wire, I²C and UART interface on the front connector
- Internal humidity sensor
- Internal IMU (3-axial accelerometer and 3-axial gyroscope)
- Embedded loT system power consumption measurement
- Analog measurement front end for industrial machines and test benches
- Strain measurement in industrial quality control
- Industrial condition monitoring (voltage, temperature, current)
- Precision measurement front end for single-board computers (Raspberry Pi, LattePanda etc.)
- Precise laboratory power supply for board development
Synchronization between devices
Multiple MonoDAQ-U-X devices can be connected to the same PC by using a multiport USB hub. Synchronization between devices is ensured if all of the devices are connected to the same hub.
MonoDAQ-U-X is supported in DEWESoft X3 data acquisition software. On this page, you'll find some of the key functionalities of DEWESoft that are the most important ones for MonoDAQ users as well as additional links to DEWESoft page for in-depth info.
For custom applications the device is also supported in Isotel IDM cross-platform software package based on Java. IDM can be installed on any operating system supporting Java and provides the basic interface to the device for configuration and data streaming. There is Python API available to access the device through IDM software.
- 1x MonoDAQ-U-X (50 kS/s)
- 1x USB-C to USB-A cable
- 1x Push-in wire terminal
- DEWESoft X3 LT Life License with FREE updates