This kit is particularly suitable for educational use. It uses through-hole components as much as possible. This eases off the requirement of assembly skills and at the same time allows deeper user involvement.
It is a great tool for college students. Most importantly it brings in the freedom for users to test, modify, experiment, and even design their own projects. And this means more fun!
More over, DSO 068 is not just a kit for training but also a practical tool for everyday use. Parameter setting is simply, straightforward, and quick. Mode switch and utilities are driven by menu. Absolutely no complicate navigation. It was designed on the base of DSO 062 kit and comprises many enhancements in hardware and firmware:
- Higher sensitivity (10 mV/div vs 100 mV/div)
- Wider analog bandwidth (3 MHz vs 1 MHz)
- Larger capture buffer (1024 points vs 256 points)
- Variable trigger position (1% - 100%) with indicator
- Test signal generator with variable frequency and amplitude
- USB connection
- Upload of captured raw data as CSV file (Example)
- Work as USB scope (with jyeLab) and data logger (8 channels, 10-bit resolution)
- Higher sensitivity (0.2 Vpp vs 3 Vpp) in built-in frequecy meter
- Battery/USB powered
- Fully enclosured
- Silicone pushbuttons and rotary encoder
- Main circuit board with pre-soldered ICs and a few SMD parts. Board is pre-tested and MCUs on board are pre-programmed.
- 128 x 64 graphic dot-matrix LCD module.
- Step-up voltage converter board (JYE116). It boosts battery voltage to 5 V from as low as 2 V.
- Voltage inverter board (JYE120). It generates -5 V from +5 V with current capacity up to 200 mA.
- On/Off switch board (JYE117). This is the power switch of instrument. [optional]
- Li-ion battery charger board (JYE118). It includes the USB/Battery power switch circuit. [optional]
- USB-Uart converter board (JYE119). This bridges the scope to USB host. [optional]
- Professional 20 MHz probe with selectable 1X/10X attenuation.
- Enclosure set including stand, switch caps, etc.
All through-hole components, mechanical parts, accessories (battery not included) and Assembly Guide and User Manual.
Source codes of student version firmware are also provided for downloading. They are simplified from full version to help users to understand how the oscilloscope works. The sampling rate of student version is limited to 500 Sa/s - 100 KSa/s with no other features.
- Adequate soldering skills and troubleshooting skills to assemble the DSO138 kit are required.
- Each mainboard has been tested to ensure no short or open on MCU soldering.
- Each LCD board is also tested to verify soldering is good and display is functional.
- The other components are provided with good quality at our best knowledge. They are not tested.