HyperPixel 2.1 Round has all the great features of other HyperPixels – crisp, brilliant IPS display touchscreen, and high-speed DPI interface – it's just rounder! You can use it with any Raspberry Pi with a 40-pin header but it works particularly nicely with the RPi Zero footprint – it's designed so you can mount a Zero neatly behind it, so you can't see the RPi when you look at it from the front.
This version of HyperPixel would be great for custom interfaces and control panels – mounted on a wall it would make a really neat, minimalist smart home controller or a stylish 'what's playing' display for your sound system. Everything is pre-soldered and ready to go, just pop it onto your RPi, install the software, and away you go!
HyperPixel 2.1 Round uses a high-speed DPI interface, allowing it to shift 5x more pixel data than the usual SPI interface that these small Pi displays normally use. It has a 60 FPS frame rate and a resolution of approximately 229 pixels per inch (480x480px) on its 2.1' display. The display can show 18-bits of colour (262,144 colors).
- High-speed DPI interface
- 2.1' IPS (wide viewing angle, 175°) display
- 480x480 pixels, minus the corners (~229 PPI)
- 18-bit colour (262,144 colors)
- 60 FPS frame rate
- Active area: 53.28 x 53.28 mm
- Capacitive touchscreen (with Python library)
- Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
- Dimensions: 71.80 x 71.80 x 10.8 mm (WxHxD, depth includes header and display). With a RPi Zero attached with short standoffs, the total depth is 17 mm.