The LSN50 wireless part is based on SX1276/SX1278 allows the user to send data and reach extremely long ranges at low data rates. It provides ultra-long range spread spectrum communication and high interference immunity whilst minimizing current consumption. It targets professional wireless sensor network applications such as irrigation systems, smart metering, smart cities, smartphone detection, building automation, and so on.
The LSN50 MCU part uses STM32l0x chip from ST, STML0x is the ultra-low-power STM32L072xx microcontrollers incorporate the connectivity power of the universal serial bus (USB 2.0 crystal-less) with the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M0+ 32-bit RISC core operating at a 32 MHz frequency, a memory protection unit (MPU), high-speed embedded memories (192 Kbytes of Flash program memory, 6 Kbytes of data EEPROM and 20 Kbytes of RAM) plus an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals.
The LSN50 is an open-source product, it is based on the STM32Cube HAL drivers and lots of libraries can be found on the STM site for rapid development.
- STM32L072CZT6 MCU
- SX1276/78 LoRa Wireless Modem
- Pre-load with ISP bootloader
- 18 x Digital I/Os
- 2 x 12bit ADC; 1 x 12bit DAC
- MCU wakes up by UART or Interrupt
- LoRa™ Modem
- Preamble detection
- Baud rate configurable
- LoRaWAN 1.0.2 Specification
- Software base on STM32Cube HAL drivers
- Open-source hardware / software
- IP66 Waterproof Enclosure
- Ultra-Low power consumption
- AT Commands to setup parameters
- 4000mAh Battery for Long term use
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Home and Building Automation
- Automated Meter Reading
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long-range Irrigation Systems
- 168 dB maximum link budget.
- +20 dBm - 100 mW constant RF output vs.
- +14 dBm high-efficiency PA.
- Programmable bit rate up to 300 kbps.
- High sensitivity: down to -148 dBm.
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -12.5 dBm.
- Excellent blocking immunity.
- Low RX current of 10.3 mA, 200 nA register retention.
- Fully integrated synthesizer with a resolution of 61 Hz.
- FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK, LoRaTM and OOK modulation.
- Built-in bit synchronizer for clock recovery.
- Preamble detection.
- 127 dB Dynamic Range RSSI.
- Automatic RF Sense and CAD with ultra-fast AFC.
- Packet engine up to 256 bytes with CRC.
- Built-in temperature sensor and low battery indicator.
- MCU: STM32L072CZT6
- Flash: 192KB
- SRAM: 20KB
- EEPROM: 6KB
- Clock Speed: 32Mhz
Absolute Maximum Ratings
- VCC: 0.5 V ~ 3.9 V
- Operating Tempature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- I/O pins: 0.5 V ~ VCC+0.5 V
Common DC Characteristics
- STOP Mode: 2.7 μA @ 3.3 V
- RX Mode: 7.2 mA
- TX Mode: 125 mA@ 20 dbm
- Li/SOCI2 unchargable battery
- Capacity: 4000 mAh
- Self Discharge: < 1% / Year @ 25°C
- Max continuously current: 130 mA
- Max boost current: 2 A, 1 second