Portenta HAT Carrier is a reliable and robust carrier that transforms Portenta X8 into an industrial single board computer compatible with Raspberry Pi HATs and cameras. It is ideal for multiple industrial applications such as building automation and machine monitoring.
Compatible also with Portenta H7 and Portenta C33, Portenta HAT Carrier provides easy access to multiple peripherals – including CAN, Ethernet, microSD and USB – and further extends any Portenta application.
It is great for prototyping and ready for scaling up, it extends the features found on a typical Raspberry Pi Model B. Debug quickly with dedicated JTAG pins and keeps heat manageable under intense workloads with a PWM fan connector. Control actuators or read analog sensors via the additional 16x analog I/Os. Add industrial machine vision solutions to any project by leveraging the onboard camera connector.
- Add Raspberry Pi HATs to your Portenta projects
- Quickly access CAN, USB, and Ethernet peripherals
- Leverage onboard MicroSD card to log data
- Enjoy simple debugging through the onboard JTAG pins
- Easily control actuators and read sensors via 16x analog I/Os
- Leveraging the onboard camera connector for machine vision
Portenta takes you from prototype to high-performance
Portenta HAT Carrier offers you a frictionless Linux prototyping experience and unlocks the ability for integrated real-time MCU solutions. Portenta HAT Carrier extends Portenta SOMs for faster, easier and more efficient testing for your ideas while also ensuring the capabilities and industrial-grade performances the Portenta range is known for.
Extend the Raspberry Pi ecosystem for commercial applications
Combine the ease of use, accessibility and incredible support from both the Arduino and Raspberry Pi communities for your next project with the carrier designed to combine and extend MPU and MCU applications for the development of advanced commercial solutions.
- High-density connectors compatible with Portenta products
- 1x USB-A female connector
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet connector (RJ45)
- 1x CAN FD with onboard transceiver
- 1x MIPI Camera connector
- 1x MicroSD card slot
- 1x PWM fan connector
- 40-pin header connector allowing compatibility with Raspberry Pi HATs
- 16-pin analog header connectors, including:
- 8x analog inputs
- 1x GPIO
- 1xUART without flow control
- 2x PWM pins
- 1x LICELL pin for Portenta's RTC power
- CAN FD
||Onboard 10x pin 1.27 mm JTAG connector
- From onboard screw terminal block allowing:
- 7-32 V power supply, powering both the carrier and the connected Portenta
- 5 V power supply
- From USB-C on Portenta
- From 5 V on 40-pin header connector
||85 x 56 mm