The Raspberry Pi Debug Probe is an all-in-one USB-to-debug kit that provides all the necessary hardware and cables for easy, solderless, plug-and-play debugging.
It features both a processor serial debug interface (by default the ARM Serial Wire Debug interface, but other interfaces can be supported) and an industry-standard UART interface. Both interfaces use the Raspberry Pi 3-pin debug connector.
It is designed to make it easy to debug and program Raspberry Pi Pico and RP2040 with a range of host platforms including Windows, Mac, and typical Linux computers.
While designed for use with Raspberry Pi products, the Debug Probe provides standard UART and CMSIS-DAP interfaces over USB, so it can also be used with other processors, or even just as a USB-to-UART cable. It works with OpenOCD and other tools that support CMSIS-DAP.
The Debug Probe is based on Raspberry Pi Pico hardware and runs the open source Raspberry Pi Picoprobe software. The firmware is updated in the same way as Raspberry Pi Pico firmware, so it is easy to keep the unit up to date with the latest firmware, or to use custom firmware.
- USB to ARM Serial Wire Debug (SWD) port
- USB to UART bridge
- Compatible with the CMSIS-DAP standard
- Works with OpenOCD and other tools supporting CMSIS-DAP
- Open source, easily upgradeable firmware
- Dimensions: 22 x 32 mm
- Nominal I/O voltage: 3.3 V
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +70°C
- 1x Raspberry Pi Debug Probe
- 1x Plastic case
- 1x USB cable
- 3x Debug cables
- 3-pin JST connector to 3-pin JST connector cable
- 3-pin JST connector to 0.1-inch header (female)
- 3-pin JST connector to 0.1-inch header (male)