MAX7219 Dot Matrix Module (set of 8)
Full description published in Elektor Magazine in May-June 2018
Note: The bare PCB for the Scrolling Message Disalay (160491-1) is sold separately
Scrolling text display with eight 8 x 8 LED dot matrix displays (512 LEDs in total).
Built around an ESP-12F Wi-Fi module (ESP8266-based) programmed in the Arduino IDE.
ESP8266 web server allows control of displayed text, scroll delay and brightness with a mobile phone or other Wi-Fi-connected (portable) device.
- 10MHz Serial Interface
- Individual LED Segment Control
- Decode/No-Decode Digit Selection
- 150µA Low-Power Shutdown (Data Retained)
- Digital and Analog Brightness Control
- Display Blanked on Power-Up
- Drive Common-Cathode LED Display
- Slew-Rate Limited Segment Drivers for Lower EMI (MAX7221)
- SPI, QSPI, MICROWIRE Serial Interface (MAX7221)
- 24-Pin DIP and SO Packages