Is grandma’s dish collection radioactive? Do bananas give off radiation? Are your granite countertops giving off gamma rays? Build your own Geiger counter and find out! The serial logging function lets you easily track exposure over time, and the mute button lets you silently detect radiation. A must for every mad scientist.
- 100% Open Source Hardware!
- LED and piezo speaker alert you to detected radioactivity.
- Mute button for silent operation.
- An ATtiny2313 microcontroller brain that is begging to be hacked!
- Support for several common Geiger-Müller tubes: SI-3BG, SI-1G, and SBM-20. HV supply can be adjusted from ~300-600V.
- Headers for serial (9600 baud), in-circuit programming of the AVR microcontroller, and pulse output (to connect the geiger counter to other stuff!)
- Serial data logging! Counts per second (CPS), counts per minute (CPM), and equivalent dose are reported via the serial port once a second.
- Geiger Counter kit
- SBM-20 Geiger-Muller tube
- Custom laser-cut case