Technology is constantly changing. New microcontrollers become available every year and old ones become redundant. The one thing that has stayed the same is the C programming language used to program these microcontrollers. If you would like to learn this standard language to program microcontrollers, then this book is for you!
ARM microcontrollers are available from a large number of manufacturers. They are 32-bit microcontrollers and usually contain a decent amount of memory and a large number of on-chip peripherals. Although this book concentrates on ARM microcontrollers from Atmel, the C programming language applies equally to other manufacturer’s ARMs as well as other microcontrollers.
Features of this book:
- Use only free or open source software.
- Learn how to download, set up and use free C programming tools.
- Start learning the C language to write simple PC programs before tackling embedded programming - no need to buy an embedded system right away!
- Start learning to program from the very first chapter with simple programs and slowly build from there.
- No programming experience is necessary!
- Learn by doing - type and run the example programs and exercises.
- Sample programs and exercises can be downloaded from the Internet.
- A fun way to learn the C programming language.
- Ideal for electronic hobbyists, students and engineers wanting to learn the C programming language in an embedded environment on ARM microcontrollers.
|Auteur(s)||Warwick A. Smith|